This week brings with it another DietBet weigh in, my third one I believe. At this point, I’ve lost over 10 pounds, and I can tell I have definitely put on some muscle! My pants have fit a little tighter on my legs, but luckily the waist is loose. Let’s hope I am at enough loss though to win this round!
If you’re unsure on what DietBet is, it is a competition where you bet money against yourself, saying that you will lose, and hoping that others in the pot don’t hit their goals, ha. If this sounds like a way you may be interested in dropping a few pounds, visit dietbetter.com – they have one and six month games!
This week I’m buckling down to make sure the bloat and weight are at the smallest measurements possible.
Chocolate Covered Blueberry Shake (2 servings)
- Blueberries, frozen – 210g
- 2 handfuls of spinach (about 2 cups)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Raw cacao – 2 TBSP
- Almond or Peanut Butter – 4 TBSP (make sure it is all natural and only 1-2 ingredients)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water OR fruit-flavored unsweetened green tea. I used Trader Joe’s Blueberry-Pomegranate green tea
- Dash of stevia
- 2 scoops protein powder, preferably chocolate-flavored. I used Cellucor’s Corfetti and it tasted great as well!
- 2 TBSP flax seed
Blend all ingredients well until smooth – serve cold
Keenwhaaa Salad from the Zero Belly Diet Book
I first want to start of by saying, don’t buy this book. It has like 10 recipes total and basically just tells you what you have heard a 1000 times – eat clean, eat whole, stay away from all the processed junk and white breads.
I don’t want to give away the actual recipe as I am sure they wouldn’t be too happy with me, but here is the gist:
- 2 parts cooked quinoa
- Lots of asparagus (I used a full frozen bag), cooked in the oven with olive oil drizzled over and salt/pepper
- 1 part lentils
- pesto – about 1/2 a cup
- sundried tomatoes – I purchased the non-oil kind and just used the full 3 oz bag
Top with the Zero-belly vinaigrette, which is basically just dijon mustard, ACV and olive oil. Here is a similar recipe by Clinton Kelly, host of one of my favorite shows, The Chew: Dijon Vinaigrette
Mix all ingredients together with the vinaigrette (as much or as little as you like) and enjoy cold!
Depends on how much time I have, but I’m trying to have Salmon with Asparagus. I am using parchment paper to cook the salmon – hopefully it goes well! I am really trying to get in more fish for my hair and skin, especially. Last night I opted for hummus and celery with a bunch of sweet potatoes. It was a weird night, ha.
- Omega Trail Mix from Trader Joe’s
- Celery and Hummus
- Piece of fruit
The meals above are a little higher in calories than I am used to, so snacking has declined a lot, but these are all great and regular options for me! I also really strive to get a gallon of water a day, and I stay away from soft drinks, including diet.
Wish me luck – I’ll be weighing in Thursday by midnight.